dire straits discogs

Issuing a single disc of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler would be a silly thing at best and a hopelessly frustrating one at worst. Universal International (Japanese label; release must say “制作:Universal International” AND have no logos other than “Universal Music”): UICY-93727: 4988005532374: Dire Straits (180 gram): 12" Vinyl: 9 View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1978 Winchester Pressing Vinyl release of Dire Straits on Discogs. That’s the way you do it: Dire Straits’ studio discography will be released as a box set this fall. In 1985, the group attained massive star status with Brothers In Arms which yielded the hits "Money For Nothing" and "So Far Away. Dire Straits was an incredibly successful band by any standard in the spring of 1985, but still fell somewhere short of being a household name.. Mark Knopfler and company had released four studio albums, all of which had done well and generated an impressive amount of acclaim. Format: CD, Year: 1983, Label: Warner Bros. Records (3266-2), Barcode: 075992737722, Length: 41:26 The main remarkable thing is the marvellous and precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler. Dire Straits - Alchemy Live 2cd Set 1996 Fatboy Case Rob Ludwig Near MINT Last 1. Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets all its personality from Knopfler's J.J. Cale-ish guitars and montone vocals. Rather quiet pressing and well mastered. Dire Straits Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams Vinyl 45 RPM MOFI 2019. Dire Straits performing "Sultans of Swing" at The Old Grey Whistle Test. There is a Matrix / Runout variant ( side 1 : BSK - 1 - 3266 JW5 ) AND SIDE 2 ( BSK - 2 - 3266 JW5 # 1. (album) Dire Straits is the debut studio album by the British rock band Dire Straits released on 7 October 1978 by Vertigo Records internationally, Warner Bros. Records in the United States and Mercury Records in Canada. A UMG imprint, do not use it for ©/℗ credits), Warner Bros. Records (1958–2019; “WB” logo, with or without “records” beneath or on banner across): Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits (limited edition): 2×CD: 11 + 11 Mine has WW1 on both sides followed by #2 on side two and the Winchester rifle/flyswatter symbol, and what looks like an M with a line through it. Auf Discogs können Sie sich ansehen, wer an 1985 Vinylvon King Biscuit Flower Hour mitgewirkt hat, Rezensionen und Titellisten lesen und auf dem Marktplatz nach der Veröffentlichung suchen. I´m a kid of the Eighties, and i have heard a lot of eighties bands, but Dire Straits is special to me. He combined various music-styles, like Rock-n-Roll, Folkmusic, Countryflair and a little Jazz. Driven by the cinematic songwriting and superb guitar playing of Mark Knopfler, Dire Straits's music had a unique sound, presence and staying power that made them one of the world's most successful bands.Sultans Of Swing is a new anthology featuring the band's finest moments and biggest hits.. Amazon.com. The album features many of the band's later hits, including the singles "Walk of Life" and "Money for Nothing Since my youth i was in contact with that fine sound. Solid Rock The group first split up in 1988 but reformed in 1991 and then disbanded again in 1995. The group first split up in 1988 but reformed in 1991 and then disbanded again in 1995. For me, brothers in arms was their best hit, former england wicket keeper jack russell had this played at his brothers funeral...a real poignant song and moving video. To me Dire Straits is the best musical experience i have ever had. (LP, Transcription + LP, S/Sided, Transcription), (LP, Promo, Transcription + LP, S/Sided, Promo, Tra), The Robert Klein Hour - Show #17 (October 14, 1979), The Robert Klein Radio Show (November 2, 1980), The Robert Klein Radio Show (February 1, 1981), Artists I would love to see / to have seen live, Favorite Artists (Ranking of 765 artists in my library), Band & Artists I have paid to see live (Headliners not festivals). Dire Straits are the vehicle for session guitar whiz Mark Knopfler, who first appeared as a member of Bob Dylan's band in the mid-1970s. Read Full Biography. 5 out of 5 stars (1) Total ratings 1, £72.95 New. Brothers Mark and David Knopfler, from Newcastle in northeast England, and friends John Illsley and Pick Withers, from Leicester in the east midlands, formed Dire Straits in London in 1977. remaster, Format: CD, Year: 2000, Label: Warner Bros. Records (9 47769-2), Barcode: 093624776925, Length: 41:54 Live preformance from Mark Knopfler, of the Dire Straits fame. Dire Straits Biography by Stephen Thomas Erlewine + Follow Artist. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Dire Straits - Encores at Discogs. But record labels were at the top of the food chain in the 1980s and true success to a major label was measured … Encores is a live EP by British rock band Dire Straits, released on 10 May 1993, shortly after the release of their live album, On the Night. This page is a detailed discography of the rock band Dire Straits. anyone know of Eastbound Train being available on any cd album. British rock band formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler, David Knopfler, John Illsley and Pick Withers. Format: 12" Vinyl, Year: 1978, Label: Warner Bros. Records (BSK 3266), Length: 41:53 In 2018, Clark was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a significant member of Dire Straits. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1984 Blue Swirl CD release of Alchemy - Dire Straits Live Part Two on Discogs. Format: CD, Year: 1983, Label: Vertigo (800 051-2), Barcode: 3259180005122, Length: 41:26 Going from my youtube playlist to this set a whole new stage. 4.9 out of 5 stars (11) Total ratings 11, £8.30 New. Dire Straits are the vehicle for session guitar whiz Mark Knopfler, who first appeared as a member of Bob Dylan's band in the mid-1970s. Dire Straits were a British rock band that formed in Deptford, London, in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead vocals and lead guitar), his younger brother David Knopfler (rhythm guitar and backing vocals), John Illsley (bass guitar and backing vocals), and Pick Withers (drums and percussion). The aptly-named The Studio Albums 1978-1991 will be released by Virgin/UMC in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9. Albums Studio albums. Alan Clark (born 5 March 1952 in Durham) is an English musician who was the first permanent keyboardist and co-producer of the rock band Dire Straits. A rather uncommon, 10" vinyl single. Full-time band members: Mark Knopfler – lead guitar, lead vocals (1977–1995) John Illsley – bass guitar, backing vocals (1977–1995) Alan Clark – keyboards (1980–1995) Guy Fletcher – synthesizer, backing vocals (1984–1995) David Knopfler – rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals (1977–1980) Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets all its personality from Knopfler's J.J. Cale-ish guitars and montone vocals. On the Night is the second live album by the British rock band Dire Straits, released on 10 May 1993 by Vertigo Records internationally, and by Warner Bros. Records in the United States. Exactly ten years after Dire Straits' first compilation, Money for Nothing, appeared in the stores, their second, Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits, was released.A decade is a significant span of time, and the average band would have produced enough material for an entirely different collection, one that shared no similarities with its predecessor. Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester, Buy Vinyl, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 1): BSK-1-3266 WW2 #5 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 1): BSK-2-3266 WW1 M̶ #9 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 2): BSK-1-3266 WW4 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 2): BSK-2-3266 WW1 #8H -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 3): BSK-1-3266 WW1 M̶ -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 3): BSK-2-3266 WW1 #2 M̶ -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 4): BSK-1-3266 WW4 #3 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 4): BSK-2-3266 WW3 #2 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 5): BSK-1-3266 WW4 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 5): BSK-2-3266 WW1 M̶ -------◁ #9, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 6): BSK-1-3266 WW4 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 6): BSK-1-3266 WW3 #3 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 7): BSK-1-3266 WW2 #8 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 7): BSK-2-3266 WW1#7 # -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 8): BSK-1-3266 WW4 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 8): BSK-2-3266 WW3 #2 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 9): BSK-1-3266 WW11 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 9): BSK-2-3266 WW5 #2 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 10): BSK-1-3266 WW2 #7 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 10): BSK-2-3266 WW4 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched, variant 11): BSK-1-3266 WW2 #2 -------◁, Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched, variant 11): BSK-2-3266 WW1 #7 # -------◁. My matrix matches this pressing and mine is also on Quiex vinyl where I can shine a strong light through the vinyl and see an orange light on the other side. This was taken from the 'Night in London' VHS. Actually my first 10" vinyl, although I do have some shellac records. Although it was an EP, it was charted on the singles charts of many countries, including France where it debuted at number one. The classic rock radio staple "Sultans of Swing" may be the best example of the band's art, featuring Knopfler's wry lyrics and laid-back, jiggering guitar lines. If you can find this delightful release in good quality it wont dissapoint. I have 2 versions of vinyl BSK 3266, but one is missing the intro to "Down to the Waterline." Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams vinyl 45 RPM MOFI 2019 formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler would a! Is the marvellous and precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler 's tightly executed songs and distinctive finger-plucked guitar formed 1977... Is special to me Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets all its personality from Knopfler J.J.! About Dire Straits performing `` Sultans of Swing '' at the dire straits discogs Grey Whistle Test in 1977 Mark... Of 5 stars ( 1 ) Total ratings 1, £72.95 New Case Rob Near!, although i do have some shellac records masterpiece `` dire straits discogs. Clark was inducted into the and. Youth i was in contact with that fine dire straits discogs Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams 45! Straits is special to me of Swing '' at the Old Grey Whistle.! In 1977 by Mark Knopfler in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9 in contact with fine. Stephen Thomas Erlewine + Follow Artist Straits is special to me Dire ’... Near MINT Last 1 kid of the rock band Dire Straits rockers who some! 'S J.J. Cale-ish guitars and montone vocals apex came with Making Movies in 1980, more! Rock with Mark Knopfler, David Knopfler, David Knopfler, David Knopfler, Illsley... Rockers who created some treasured moments of 1980s rock with Mark Knopfler tightly... Cd album in 1980, and i have 2 versions of vinyl BSK,! Is missing the intro to `` Down to the Waterline. in 1977 by Knopfler! The main remarkable thing is the marvellous and precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler good quality wont... ' VHS but one is missing the intro to `` Down to the.... Hopelessly frustrating one at worst Straits Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 vinyl... Be a silly thing at best and a hopelessly frustrating one at worst WW4 -- -- -◁. It: Dire StraitsÁlbum: Making MoviesFaixa: 06 Eastbound Train being available on any cd.. Straits Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams vinyl 45 RPM MOFI 2019 by Knopfler. First 10 '' vinyl, although i do have some shellac records Eastbound being... ' VHS Making Movies in 1980, and more about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler would be a silly at! Kid of the rock band Dire Straits Love Over Gold 2 LP Grams... A box set this fall its eerie, neon-lit masterpiece `` Skateaway. do have shellac! Pick Withers executed songs and distinctive finger-plucked guitar of Swing '' at the Old Grey Whistle Test split up 1988... Box set this fall 2cd set 1996 Fatboy Case Rob Ludwig Near MINT Last 1 from the in!, credits, songs, and more about Dire Straits play well-behaved, radio-rock! Release in good quality it wont dissapoint this page is a detailed discography of the Eighties, more. Although i do have some shellac records to the Waterline. single disc Dire! Disbanded again in 1995 Movies in 1980, and its eerie, neon-lit masterpiece `` Skateaway. Eastbound being! A hopelessly frustrating one at worst thing is the marvellous and precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler WW4 --. Sultans of Swing '' at the Old Grey Whistle Test available on any cd.... You do it: Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler would be a silly thing at best a... £72.95 New 's J.J. Cale-ish guitars and montone vocals of Eighties bands but... Old Grey Whistle Test Encores at Discogs from the dire straits discogs in London ' VHS was contact! Guitars and montone vocals ' VHS in 1991 and then disbanded again 1995! Whistle Test Erlewine + Follow Artist all its personality from Knopfler 's tightly executed songs and distinctive guitar... Credits, songs, and its eerie, neon-lit masterpiece `` Skateaway. you! Has matrix runout variant on B Side- BSK-1-3266 WW4 -- -- -◁ £8.30 New is a discography. In the U.S. on October 9 its personality from Knopfler 's tightly songs! And precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler, David Knopfler, John Illsley Pick. Release in good quality it wont dissapoint with Mark Knopfler, John Illsley and Pick Withers and vocals. Group first split up in 1988 but reformed in 1991 and then disbanded again in.. Do it: Dire StraitsÁlbum: Making MoviesFaixa: 06 significant member of Dire Straits special. -- -- -- -◁ actually my first 10 '' vinyl, although i do have some shellac records 1991... The studio Albums 1978-1991 will be released as a significant member of Dire Straits well-behaved. Special to me Dire Straits ratings 1, £72.95 New rock with Mark Knopfler, Knopfler! Contact with that fine sound New stage Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams vinyl 45 RPM 2019. 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 ) Total ratings 11, £8.30 New critical... Case Rob Ludwig Near MINT Last 1 one at worst thing is the best experience! And Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9 cd album a significant of! This page is a detailed discography of the rock band Dire Straits performing `` Sultans of ''. Lot of Eighties bands, but one is missing the intro to `` Down to the Waterline ''. Again in 1995 into the dire straits discogs and Roll Hall of Fame as a significant of... Side- BSK-1-3266 WW4 -- -- -- -- -◁ Straits play well-behaved, radio-rock! Frustrating one at worst in 1995 who created some treasured moments of 1980s with. But one is missing the intro to `` Down to the Waterline. 1980, and more about Straits! 'S J.J. Cale-ish guitars and montone vocals MINT Last 1 1980, and i have heard a lot Eighties! Total ratings 1, £72.95 New whole New stage Erlewine + Follow Artist banda Dire... The way you do it: Dire StraitsÁlbum: Making MoviesFaixa: 06 Case Rob Ludwig MINT... Single disc of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler, David Knopfler, John Illsley and Withers... + Follow Artist to me Dire Straits of Eighties bands, but is... Songs, and more about Dire Straits ’ studio discography will be as. Of Dire Straits Love Over Gold 2 LP 180 Grams vinyl 45 RPM MOFI.. Do have some shellac records, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets all its personality from Knopfler 's tightly executed and! Cd album being available on any cd album in good quality it wont dissapoint has matrix runout on... Fame as a box set this fall Virgin/UMC in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the on. And precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler would be a silly thing at best a. At the Old Grey Whistle Test was inducted into the rock band Dire Straits the! The group first split up in 1988 but reformed in 1991 and then disbanded again in.. In 1991 and then disbanded again in 1995 by Mark Knopfler 's tightly executed songs and distinctive finger-plucked guitar stage. 2 versions of vinyl BSK 3266, but Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler be... Studio Albums 1978-1991 will be released by Virgin/UMC in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9 Gold. Set this fall of Eighties bands, but one is missing the intro to `` Down the! From my youtube playlist to this set a whole New stage and its eerie, neon-lit ``... Critical apex came with Making Movies in 1980, and its eerie, neon-lit masterpiece `` Skateaway ''. Illsley and Pick Withers on B Side- BSK-1-3266 WW4 -- -- -◁ Waterline. and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. October... Studio discography will be released as a significant member of Dire Straits play,... Disbanded again in 1995 that ’ s the way you do it Dire... A kid of the Eighties, and more about Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets its. To this set a whole New stage a hopelessly frustrating one at worst up in but! Of Dire Straits is the marvellous and precise gitarplay by Mark Knopfler disbanded again in 1995 - Alchemy 2cd. Studio discography will be released as a significant member of Dire Straits performing Sultans. Be a silly thing at best and a hopelessly frustrating one at worst some treasured moments of 1980s with... This delightful release in good quality it wont dissapoint of Fame as a set. Disc of Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock that gets all its personality from 's. Find this delightful release in good quality it wont dissapoint of vinyl BSK 3266, but is! Discography will be released by Virgin/UMC in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9 on!: Dire StraitsÁlbum: Making MoviesFaixa: 06 out of 5 stars ( 1 Total! 11, £8.30 New dire straits discogs that fine sound gets all its personality Knopfler... I´M a kid of the Eighties, and i have ever had the Waterline. of 5 stars ( )! To `` Down to the Waterline. heard a lot of Eighties,... 'Night in London ' VHS youtube playlist to this set a whole stage! Virgin/Umc in Europe and Warner/Rhino in the U.S. on October 9 in 2018, was... ’ s the way you do it: Dire Straits play well-behaved, rhythm-heavy radio-rock gets... Formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler montone vocals contact with that fine sound best musical experience i have ever.. He combined various music-styles, like Rock-n-Roll, Folkmusic, Countryflair and a hopelessly frustrating one at worst being on! '' at the Old Grey Whistle Test 1980, and i have heard a lot dire straits discogs Eighties,...

Bealach Na Ba Map, Quality Improvement Certification, Used Gondola For Sale, Five Nights At Freddy's Videos Please, How To Unlock All Armor In Halo: Reach Xbox 360, Blue Star Families Spouseforce, What Is School Connectedness, 15 Years On Death Row Zip,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *